The Windlass is seeking driven, hardworking and dedicated individuals to join our team! We are happily accepting applications for the Spring and Summer season. Restaurant experience is preferred but not required.
*Must be 16 or older and have weekend and occasional holiday availability*
Full and part-time positions available.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The bartender position is a key position in the restaurant. They must have a vast knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits as well as an outgoing personality. Bartenders are responsible for counting the drawer before and after the shift, handling cash and closing out checks. Most importantly they work for the house, including the “proper pour” for drinks adhering to the house policy of complimentary drinks and minimizing waste. They are generally the first impression that a customer makes of the establishment when they come in.
Job responsibilities are included but not limited to:
– Arrive to work on time and ready to work
– Bar and high tops are clean and ready for guests
– Bartender is highly knowledgeable of cocktails, wines, beers, menu items, and specials.
– Drinks and food orders are delivered in timely and accurate fashion
– Orders are correctly and accurately documented and sent to kitchen with any modifications that are needed
– Food and utensils are delivered to the correct seat number accurately and on time
– Empty glasses and dishes are bussed quickly
– Keep bar stocked, cleaned and maintained during guest stay
– Bar is stocked with enough service items throughout shift
– Communicate with bar back, servers, runners and at all times
– Sell what customers will like
– Exude total confidence in Windlass products, procedures and corporate policies in place
Follow this link to apply – click here!