Kinnelon Road Project Bids Nearing Award for Fall Paving
Road improvement projects have begun on several major county roads across Morris County, including Columbia Turnpike in Florham Park, Parsippany Road in Parsippany, Howard Boulevard in Jefferson and Mt. Arlington, and Mendham Road/Main Street in Mendham Township and the Chesters.
The award of a contract for long-awaited work on Kinnelon Road in Kinnelon also is expected by the end of this month.
This work is part of an aggressive 2020 infrastructure action plan set for the county by the Board of Freeholders, including nearly 40-miles of road paving and upgrades, and 17 county bridge replacement or rehabilitation projects in more than two dozen Morris County towns.
“I give our county engineering and road team high marks for moving these projects along during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Morris County Freeholder Stephen Shaw. “They have been able to address essential infrastructure, to maintain the high-quality road network that remains a priority for county government.”
Current projects are underway on county roads in the Chesters/Mendham Township, Denville, Florham Park, Jefferson, Parsippany, and Mt. Arlington. Work is set to start soon in Harding , Long Hill, and Rockaway Township.
County contractors recently completed work on Allen Street in Netcong, Parsippany Boulevard/Intervale Road in Parsippany, and Berkshire Valley Road in Roxbury.
The county work is in addition to local and state road-improvement projects.
• Denville: Resurfacing of River Road and Bush Road, from Diamond Spring Road to Old Boonton Road, 1.1 miles. Milling and paving underway;
• Florham Park: Columbia Turnpike, from James Street to the Essex County Line, 1.4 miles. ADA ramps and drainage work underway;
• Jefferson/Mt. Arlington: Howard Boulevard, from Oneida Ave to Espanong Road, 1.5 miles. Concrete work has started;
• Mendham Twp./Chesters: Mendham Road/Main Street, from Route 206 to Jane Terrace, 4.3 miles. Drainage work is underway.;
• Mt. Arlington: Howard Boulevard, from Stierli Court to Lurk Drive, 1.5 miles. Drainage work underway;
• Parsippany: Parsippany Road, from Littleton Road to Route 287, 1.0 miles. ADA and drainage work underway;
• Rockaway Twp.: Green Pond Road, from #198 Green Pond Road to Telemark Road, 1.9 miles. Guiderail replacement ongoing.
The county expects to begin other roads projects in August and early September:
• Harding: Long Hill Road, from Pleasantville Road to the township border, 1.9 miles;
• Long Hill: Long Hill Road, from Division Avenue to Basking Ridge Road, 0.4 miles;
• Rockaway Twp.: Mt. Hope Ave, from Mt. Pleasant Ave to Mt. Hope Road, 2.3 miles.
The Reservoir Road project in Randolph, from Quaker Church Road to Hawthorne Street, has been delayed to mid-October due to a water main installation.
Cyclists are urged to be wary of milled roads and to plan biking routes accordingly.
To see the complete list of scheduled 2020 county road paving projects and projected 2021 projects, visit https://transportation.morriscountynj.gov/2020-county-road-paving-projects/